95% Of Marketers Do Content Curation — And The Other 5% Are Mistaken

I would usually begin a post on content curation by explaining what it is. But that seems unnecessary: According to a recent Curata poll, more than 95% of marketers have done it during the past six months.

What if you don’t do content curation? You’re probably wrong. The study also found that “all marketers (100%) that identified themselves as being non-content curators had, in fact, curated content.” So there.

If there’s a catch here, it’s that Curata defines content curators as anyone who “found or shared an article, blog posts or other content with a prospect in the past six months.” In today’s B2B marketing environment, where content plays such an important role, you have to be trying really hard not to share content with your prospects.

Some other data from the survey, though, proves that marketers aren’t just falling into the curation game. Nearly two-thirds of the 400 marketers polled said they share content either daily or weekly, and 85% say curation is an important tool for establishing thought leadership.


There’s lots of other interesting data here, but I think the chart you see above is especially important. Lots of marketers curate content via social media, and that makes sense – social media is quick, efficient and easy to use. But a majority also use personal email, blogs and email newsletters for content curation.

In other words, content curation isn’t a lowest-common-denominator activity. Marketers obviously take it seriously, they devote resources to it, and they put time and effort into delivering it to prospects.

If there’s one data point missing here, it’s whether – and how – marketers are tracking ROI from these efforts. That’s the big question, and I’m sure Curata has some ideas about how best to accomplish that.


Let's Get Started

Search the site.

View the Interactive G-Book

Fill out the form below to view the asset.