The B2B marketing world is constantly changing — new trends are always popping up, new and disruptive startups are always entering the marketplace and buyer behaviors and preferences are always changing.
To keep pace, marketers need to be in tune with ever-changing market dynamics and sometimes, be ahead of new trends. Sometimes, this is easier said than done. But here are some articles that will help you get on the right track:
- Keep your competitive edge: All organizations have characteristics, values and even services and solutions that make them stand out from the pack. So why aren’t marketers including them in their campaigns and content? This blog outlines some of the ways marketers can convey their competitive edge and unique value propositions in their content. That way, they don’t get lost in creating broad, me-too content.
- Stay in tune with the latest industry research: There are always new research reports spotlighting the state of B2B marketing and what your peers (and competitors are doing). This blog summarizes some of the key trends and takeaways from HubSpot’s latest research, which focuses on inbound marketing trends, challenges and best practices.
- Take cues from real-life success stories: A variety of blogs and solution provider outlets spotlight case studies and success stories. Putting an overarching trend at the center, these blogs typically showcase a variety of different brands that have different goals, target audiences and lessons learned. This article, for instance, spotlights five brands that are taking the lead in B2B storytelling. Some examples include Boeing, Cisco and Salesforce.
- Experiment with disruptive trends: Sometimes the best way to innovate is to take risks. Why not test different content formats and technologies that allow you to tell you stories in more fun and interesting ways. The latest trend everyone is buzzing about is artificial intelligence (AI). This feature from Demand Gen Report dissects recent AI pushes made by Salesforce and Oracle, and how AI will impact marketing. Do you think this is the trend to watch?
- When in doubt, hire an agency: As you can tell, there is a lot of information marketers need to wade through in order to be on the bleeding-edge of new trends and disruptions. Why not move some of your content creation and campaign planning to a trusted third-party? If you don’t know how to find the right agency for your wants and needs, this article will provide you with a great overview of questions you should ask potential partners.
Are there any other tips, best practices and articles you think will help marketers stay in tune with the latest trends and disruptions? Share them in the comments section below!